|Overall Top Pick||Best Budget Pick|
Hatch Baby Rest Night Light And Sound Machine
#1 Best Selling White Noise Machine For Baby
Control everything from an app
Turn off and on, change colors, turn on alarm, all without walking into the bedroom
Sound Machine Sleep Therapy
Rechargeable for on the go use in unfamiliar environments
Features include night lights, multiple timers, nature sounds
Inexpensive and Compact
|Check Price Here||Check Price Here|
As you saw above, our runaway number one pick for the best white noise machine for a baby is the sound machine and light brought to you by Hatch. It is technologically far superior to anything else on the market. It almost feels like it’s a light and sound machine that joined the 21st century, unlike the rest
The features and advantages are numerous and I will do my best to summarize them below:
- Completely Custom Colors, Brightness, and Sounds
- Control Everything Remotely From Your Phone
- Use Various Colors and Music To Make A fun Bedtime Routine That Will Get Your Child Excited About Going To Bed
- Modern Look With Optional Fun Colored And Patterned Coverlets Available Separately
- Never Have To Risk Waking Your Child To Turn Off A Light Or Sound
- Control Everything Even When You Are Not Home And Your Child Is With A Babysitter
- Set A Color To Come On When “it is okay” For Your Toddler To Get Up–>
There are really just a ton of great features that make this product far and away the best white noise machine that you could buy today!
It isn’t exactly cheap, but I think it is well worth it based on looks, features, ease of use, and be able to control everything with an app! Not having to sneak into the little one’s room trying to quietly turn off the sound or dim the light is priceless!
I have the Proaller white noise machine coming in at number two, but it is drastically different than the first white noise machine. It is more basic, serves the purpose, has less technology, but that also means it is significantly cheaper as well.
If you are looking for a white noise machine for your baby that does the job, and you don’t need the flash or cool things that you can do with the first one then this is probably your best bet.
There are still many great features and there is nothing wrong with going this route, some of the features include:
- Small and portable for use on the go, take to hotels and other trips to feel like home
- Has white and brown noise as well as 6 other sounds to help you fall asleep and stay asleep without being disturbed
- In addition to the white noise machine, it also has a very useful multipurpose light that can be used as either a nightlight or bedside light for reading or atmosphere. The light also has a timer function as well.
- Options to leave the sound on all night or set the timer to turn off after fifteen, thirty, forty-five, or sixty minutes.
- Has a built-in USB port for easy phone charging right by the bed
- Currently has almost 90% 4 or 5-star reviews online
This would definitely be a solid choice for a white noise machine for a baby or even an adult. It is basic but serves the purpose well. The great ratings online would make this a safe choice at a good price.
So this is a pretty cool machine. Unlike the first two we looked at, it’s sole function is to create white noise. It does it well too according to the glowing reviews I found online, well over 90% four and five-star reviews, with most being five stars. It is a little pricey, but I think it is worth it.
- Much better than an old-school box fan
- Has no moving parts and sound comes through a big high fidelity speaker
- Options for up to 10 various noises including white, brown, and pink
- Can be plugged into a regular outlet or can use a USB cord for power
This machine really aims to mimic the older style box fans that are loud and create a good amount of white noise. This one just does it with much better technology and many more options as you can see from the graphic below.
This seems like a really good machine if you are looking for a white noise machine for a baby or anyone for that matter. There are no red flags with this one and believe it would provide a quality experience.
This company also makes a couple of other white noise machines and products I wanted to mention:
LectroFan Micro Wireless Sleep Sound Machine
- 10 different options and five different fan sounds to choose from
- Virtually fits in the palm of your hand so you can throw it in your bag and use on the go
- Can also be used as a Bluetooth audio speaker for music or phone calls
- The built-in battery lasts 16 hours for use all night without needing to be plugged in
- With rich, lush sound in a small size, it’s a great way to take white noise and wireless audio with you wherever you go
This is a pretty cool on the go solution that many of you might be interested in especially if you travel a lot.
This the other product from Lectrofan I thought I would mention. It plugs directly into the wall outlet and provides multiple noise options as well as a nightlight. It can all be controlled from an app as well so no need to try to sneak into baby’s room to adjust the light brightness or sound volume.
This is a little on the expenise side but does provide a lot of uniuqe options, the app is available for both Iphone and Android.
Another solid choice for a white noise sound machine. This one has a bunch of great reviews online and very few negative ones. This one also comes with an eighteen-month warranty, which is pretty rare. It also comes with a forty-five-day free return guarantee as well.
- Six different types of white noise
- Six different fan sounds
- Eight different nature sounds
- Can play continuously or use the timer function
- Small, lightweight and easy to travel with
- Relax and get a good night’s sleep while listening to your favorite of 10 pre-loaded sounds; choose from white noise, waves, rain, brown noise, pink noise, campfire, Canon in D, Clair De Lune, Gymnopedie No. 1 or Greensleeves
- Set your sleep timer for 30, 60 or 90 minutes or keep it on constantly to keep you sleeping soundly through the night
- AC powered with included adapter or use anywhere with 3 AAA batteries ao you can take it on the go, even things like camping with your child
- Adjustable volume
- Also has an auxiliary jack so you can play all the music on your phone through it
- Sleek and contemporary looking, unlike an ugly fan
- Currently has 90% 4 or 5-star ratings online!
This would make an excellent choice for a white noise machine for a baby or anyone, to be honest with you. There is nothing wrong with this that I could find and the looks of it are pretty cool and should fit in nicely.
- A great sound machine with twenty different sound options
- Options for white noise, pink noise, gray noise, fan-like sounds, and many other natural sounds to choose from
- Extremely portable with a built-in rechargeable battery that offers ten hours of play time after only 2 hours of charging
- Can be set to play all night or use the convenient thirty, sixty, or ninety-minute timer function
- Lightweight, compact, and ultra-portable for home, office, and travel. Both power adapter and a USB charging cable are included. Aucutee White Noise Machines are backed with a One Year Warranty.
#7 SOAIY White Noise Machine
This is a great white noise machine for a baby that is even great on the wallet. This nice little machine has 7 different built-in sounds that include white noise as well as three different lullabies to help put your baby to sleep quick!
There are multiple timers so you can set it to turn off after thirty minutes, sixty minutes, or you can not use the timer and leave it on all night, which is what I preferred when my child was a baby.
Another great feature is the fact that it is battery powered with just two double A batteries. This makes it extremely portable and great for use during naps if you are out of the house, say, at friends for a cookout and want to give the baby a nap, or at the in-laws for dinner.
This can be a drawback obviously as well, having to change the batteries, especially in the middle of the night. But this machine would probably make a great back-up or second white noise machine to keep in a travel bag or even keep in the car for use in the car seat.
There is also a night light of sorts on this one that gives off a soft white color. This is great if your baby is used to having a nightlight at home.
#8 Homedics White Noise Sound Machine For Baby
This is a nice machine for around twenty bucks that will do a great job. It comes with an AC adaptor to plug into the wall, or it can take 4 AA batteries for use on the go. It is very small, compact, and very portable so easy to take with you on trips.
There are 6 different sounds to choose from to help put your baby to sleep. They include white noise, ocean or rain, thunder (not sure how many babies like thunder, lol), a summer night, and a creek.
As with most of the others, there is a timer function that can be used or you can just let it play all night.
This is actually the same one my in-laws bought for when my son was little to use at their home for sleepovers, and it worked great.
So why do babies like white noise? Why do they sleep better with white noise? Do you think that your baby sleeps just fine without it and you don’t need it? You are likely wrong.
All babies can benefit from the use of white noise no matter how good of a sleeper that you think they already are. This is true especially if they are very young, like one or two months old, as they get a few months older and become more aware of their surroundings and sounds, white noise really becomes more beneficial.
Babies spend the first nine months of their lives in a womb with amniotic fluids slushing around them. You know what it sounds like when you are underwater right? No high pitched sounds, everything just kind of jumbles together and almost sounds like a low rumble, all sounds seem deep.
That is exactly what white-nose tries to replicate. It makes babies feel at home and also drowns out the noises of car doors, garbage trucks, ringing telephones, television, and conversations.
There have actually been studies done proving that white noise helps babies to fall asleep faster and stay asleep. This Study tested white noise among two groups of twenty neonates between two and seven days old.
In the group of twenty that utilized white noise, 80% of them fell asleep within just 5 minutes! In the group of twenty that did not use white noise, only five, or 25%, of them fell asleep that quickly. That is significant, especially if you are a new mom that is sleep deprived!
White noise should be pretty loud too, likely louder thank you think, something along the lines of standing next to a running shower. If the baby is actively crying, you might need to go louder to get them to calm down. Either turn up the machine or use a hair dryer very close to them (my favorite), until they calm down. You can then go back to a normal level of white noise.
Most parents start to wean their children off white noise at some point, usually after at least one year of age is preferred. I think this is good so your child won’t be dependent on white noise there whole lives and have trouble sleeping without it.
More Posts You Might Find Interesting